Flash Giveaway: **Winner Chosen**
It’s no secret that I love planners. So, when I found out that one of my favorite stamp companies, Papertrey Ink, had a new planner come out in February, I decided to try it. I mean, if I loved it, I could give away my Plum Paper Planner, and if I didn’t, I could give away this planner.
Well, I do love the planner. I really think it’s a fabulous design. I love the features it offers–particularly daily pages. I love that they made a huge coil so you could easily insert things. AND… Papertrey Ink has created a series of stamps and dies to make using it a BREEZE.
So, I’m going to give my .02 on this thing and then explain why I’m not keeping it.
1. It’s small but not TOO small. I found that I had room to write EVERYTHING I wanted or needed to. I do not have small penmanship, so this is significant.
2. The paper is FABULOUS. It’s a linen texture that just really grips. I used my fountain pen and stamp markers with almost NO shadowing and zero bleeding. You have to LOOK to see the shadow in most lights.
3. The colors are bright, fresh, interesting, without being too cliche.
4. This planner covers it ALL. It has a monthly view, a weekly view, and then it has daily pages for recording the important moments in your life. There are gratitude lines, important things to remember to plan for (Something I didn’t utilize well but if I was going to keep this, now I know how I’d use them better), a memorable moment, hydration, menus, the works. This thing is WELL designed.
1. A lot of people don’t like the giant coil. They find it too big and too flimsy. I love the size (makes inserting stuff great) and the coil itself I am ambivalent about. I don’t think it’s fabulously strong OR flimsy. It’s just a coil.
2. The back. While the front uses a laminated “interchangeable cover”, the black is just really nice heavy-duty black chipboard. I am not impressed. This sucker is begging for me to set it in some water somewhere and ruin the back. (I’m fixing this for you in this giveaway)
3. I really don’t think there are enough note pages at the back. It has fewer than any other planner I’ve ever bought AND since they’re smaller, you have less room to use them.
To REALLY see how fabulous this planner is, please check out their BLOG POST.
Okay… why I’m not keeping it. It’s really all down to why I bought it! I loved the idea of the daily pages. I really liked the idea of having something to focus on and to keep track of things. Alas, I don’t like USING it. I find planning daily (because that’s what it works out to be) to be cumbersome and an inefficient use of my time. If I were a journaler or whatever, I’d LOVE this thing even more. I made myself use it this week, and while I loved so many things about it, I missed my Plum Paper. (And I REALLY miss my ECLP)
So this is how this giveaway works. I’m giving away this planner with March-December in it. (I used the other months to play with so it’d be clean). I’m also designing the winner a cover with her name on it! That’s right! You’ll get front and back 10mm laminated snap on covers with almost anything you want on them! I will also probably add a few planner goodies. I also recommend that you consider purchasing some of their fabulous stamp sets, but alas, ONLY the planner, the cover shown above, and new covers are included in this giveaway (I’m using their stamps in my current planner! WOOT)
To enter, simply post your name and tell me which planner you have loved most OR which one you THINK you’d love most. If you share this giveaway on ANY social media or email it to someone, please post ANOTHER comment for each one you do. I’ll draw Sunday night and try to mail on Monday. 🙂
I will likely give away a couple of De-cluttering Junkies as follow up prizes. Because that’s how I roll. So… let’s get our planner on, gals!